It is expected that the consortium activities will be reported to ESTELA Association and other relevant European Technology Platforms and similar activities are expected also on the national levels. The project will contribute, upon invitation by the INEA, to common information and dissemination activities to increase the visibility and synergies between H2020 supported actions.
Cooperation and synergies with other projects in the field of CSP by the European Commission will be used to enforce a rapid exploitation and potential cross-linking of project goals and marketing initiatives.
Following projects were identified as possible for clustering:
- INSHIP: INSHIP aims at the definition of a ECRIA engaging major European research institutes with recognized activities on SHIP, into an integrated structure that could successfully achieve the coordination objectives of: more effective and intense cooperation between EU research institutions; alignment of different SHIP related national research and funding programs, avoiding overlaps and duplications and identifying gaps; acceleration of knowledge transfer to the European industry, to be the reference organization to promote and coordinate the international cooperation in SHIP research from and to Europe, while developing coordinated R&D TRLs 2-5 activities with the ambition of progressing SHIP beyond the state-of-the-art.
- SHIP2FAIR: SHIP2FAIR (Solar Heat for Industrial Process towards Food and Agro Industries commitment in Renewables) aims to foster the integration of solar heat in industrial processes of the agro–food industry. With this purpose, SHIP2FAIR will develop and demonstrate a set of tools and methods for the development of industrial solar heat projects during their whole life-cycle.
- SFERA III: The overall objective of this project is to carry on with the work done during the past 8 years in the SFERA 1 and SFERA 2 projects and reinforce the sustainability of the activities of the European advanced Concentrating Solar Power research infrastructures.
- DURASOL: Durasol is a platform containing scientific equipment for testing the durability of solar materials and systems. Aim is to increase the durability of any type of solar energy systems, such as photovoltaic, solar thermal or concentrated solar power.
- SUNHORIZON: The main objective of SunHorizon is to demonstrate up to TRL 7 innovative and reliable Heat Pump solutions (thermal compression, adsorption, reversible) that acting properly coupled and managed with advanced solar panels (PV, Hybrid, thermal) can provide heating and cooling to residential and tertiary building with lower emissions, energy bills and fossil fuel dependency. A cloud-based functional monitoring platform will be realised in the project to be the “performance data mine” for the development of Data Driven/KPI oriented optimized algorithms and tools for predictive maintenance, optimize the management towards maximisation of solar exploitation and give to the manufacturer inputs for new installation design.
- IN POWER: IN POWER aims at developing and integrating new innovative material solutions into concentrated solar technology to increase the efficiency while simultaneously decreasing the energy production cost.
- S-PARCS: S-PARCS presents a sound concept for reducing energy costs and energy consumption in industrial parks, while, at the same time, increasing renewable on-site energy production. The pre-assessment of the seven Lighthouse Parks from Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Austria, which participate in the study, has shown a high potential for joint energy actions, many of which are transferrable to the community of S-PARCS Followers in the UK, Sweden, Turkey, Russia, Italy, Portugal, Austria and Norway.